SCRS Vocational Services
Whatever barriers to employment you may be facing, Southern California Resource Services for Independent Living is here to assist you. We believe in the transformational power of having a job and are passionately committed to helping individuals with disabilities secure sustainable employment and enjoy a greater sense of independence, purpose and self-respect.
We provide our consumers with no-cost career counseling, resume workshops, interview coaching, access to job search tools, referrals to education courses and a wide range of additional practical aids that assist the consumer in preparation of joining the workforce.
SCRS has helped thousands of individuals achieve career success over the years.
We have a strong budget with contract fee for services funding for employment services through the Department of Rehabilitation.
1. Intake: One of our employment specialists will help you assess your strengths, weaknesses, job skills and experience.
2. Job Prep: Your employment specialist will assist you with the preparation of your resume, cover letter, sample application, letters of reference and other documents along with practicing for a successful interview.
3. Job search: Your employment specialist will help you with the key tactical elements of your job search…
- Guidance on job skills preparation, job searching, cold-calling and interviewing
- Help uncovering job leads and the hidden job market
- Key information on the ADA Act
4. Retention: We provide job retention service to every client we place, including follow-up through 90 days of employment.
All services SCRS provides to you are FREE once approved by the California DOR.
To participate in the SCRS Vocational Services program, consumers must first register with the California Department of Rehabilitation. For more information or to find the office closest to your home, visit the California Department of Rehabilitation Website.