Southern California Rehabilitation Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals with disabilities and diverse cultural backgrounds.
The mission of Southern California Resource Services for Independent Living (SCRS-IL) is to empower persons with disabilities to achieve their personalized goals through community education and individualized serves that provide the knowledge, skills and confidence building to maximize their quality of life.
SCRS-IL is a non-profit community based organization serving people with disabilities who chose to live independent and meaningful lives. Independent Living Centers are a nationwide network of private, non- residential, community based organizations run by people with disabilities who promote the civil rights of persons with disabilities and assist individuals to achieve maximum potential within their families and communities. Operating as an ILC since 1979 and having served thousands of individuals with disabilities, SCRS-IL has provided opportunities for people seeking assistance in a wide range of areas, including Youth Transition, Housing Assistance, Employment Services, Benefits, Community Education, Independent Living Skills Training, and Systemic and Individual Advocacy. SCRS-IL serves people throughout Los Angeles County and the surrounding areas representing a community of people with disabilities sharing similar marginalized backgrounds and socio-economic experiences.
SCRS-IL operates two full functioning offices in Los Angeles County (Downey and Alhambra, CA) with our administrative office in Alhambra, CA. For more information, please visit www.scrs-ilc.org.
SCRS-IL continuously looks to improve on the quality of services and the manner in which they are provided.
SCRS-IL provides equal opportunities for all people regardless of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
JOB TITLE: Employment Specialist
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Director and the Vocational Program Manager, the Employment Specialist serves as liaison with employers, consumers, and DOR Rehabilitation Counselors providing Intake, Job Preparation, Job Placement and Retention services to persons referred by the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation.
a. Meets with consumer to complete Intake Process, determine eligibility, develop the IPE, and Assessment, etc.
b. Establishes and maintains consumer file in CIL Management Suites Data Base.
c. Documents contacts made pertaining to consumer in Case Notes of CIL Management Suites.
d. Forwards Authorization to SCRS Administrative Office.
e. Communicates needs and accomplishments to Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor through Monthly Progress Reports taken from Case Notes in the CIL Management Suites Data Base.
f. Serves as liaison with Consumer, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor and potential or actual employers.
g. Coordinates Job Preparation through Job Club and individualized training, including arranging for classroom, necessary supplies, notifying consumers, etc.
h. Works with consumer to develop and formulate their Master Applications and Resumes that highlight their vocational skills and interests.
i. Makes contacts with potential employers and provides referrals as appropriate.
j. Provides job leads and job information to consumers and Employment Specialists.
k. Assists consumers in preparing for employment interviews and accompanies them to interviews when appropriate.
l. Monitors and supports employment efforts of consumer, providing feedback and recommendations as necessary.
m. Completes monthly billing reports in a complete and timely manner and sends to SCRS billing department by due dates.
Requirements/Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's in Business Administration, Organizational Leadership, or related degree and/or three to five years’ experience in an agency that provides services to people with disabilities; understanding of business process; thorough understanding and embracement of Independent Living Philosophy and disability cultureand understanding of employment services would be beneficial. Employee needs to have an understanding of basic businesses operation, especially hiring processes.
- Work collaboratively with the Deputy Director, Vocational Program Manager and the Executive Director, the Program Manager- Financial Services, as well as all other SCRS-IL employees.
- Experience working with and some supervisory experience working with a variety of staff positions
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Report preparation knowledge
- Exercise time management skills and have the ability to multi task.
- Problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of vocational services administration
- Experience working with diverse individuals of multi-cultures and disabilities.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred, but not required
- Public speaking required
- Must be able to travel, have current California Driver’s License and proof of insurance or other means of transportation.
Location: Norwalk and Pasadena
Disclaimer: This job posting does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in the job description. SCRS-IL has the right to revise the job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment.
STATUS OF POSITION:
All positions are subject to funding availability. SCRS is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at SCRS is for no definite period of time and can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time and by either party.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER, WITH POSITION APPLYING FOR, AND RESUME TO: Humanresources@scrs-ilc.org
Hours/Salary Information: Full Time position at 40 hours per week, Salary: $15-$18 per hour with benefits after two months of employment.
Visit us on the internet: www.scrs-ilc.org. Apply by: 09/26/2016
JOB TITLE: Job Coach/PVSA Trainer
- Hours/Status: Part Time/On Call
- Location: San Fernando and Antelope Valley
- Hourly Rate: $12-$14 per hour.
Under the general supervision of the Employment Specialist and Deputy Director, the Job Coach/PVSA Trainer will follow the Independent Living philosophy to provide supportive employment services to individuals with disabilities such as job coaching and Personal Vocational Social Adjustment services designed to reduce or eliminate barriers to employment.
Essential Job Duties (not a full list)
- Provide job coaching assistance to persons with disabilities in their current employment position.
- Review the client’s IPE and job description in order to clearly understand the client’s PVSA and job coaching needs and abilities in relation to the job responsibilities
- Provide training, assistance, teaching, motivation, and/or supervision of the client in a work environment
- Develop teaching and learning strategies for the client to be able to meet performance expectations
- Provide weekly client progress notes to DOR counselor(s) and Employment Specialist(s).
- After receiving referral packet and authorization for PVSA services, determine when and how the services will be carried within the allotted hours documented on the authorization.
- Work with the Employment Specialist to assure the file is open in CIL Suites and the Authorization and referral packet re scanned into the database
- Send the Authorization to the Billing Department at SCRS-IL
- Identify and assess specific barriers to be addressed.
- Identify areas of appropriate and inappropriate personal social functioning (using existing resources, reports, personal observation, communication with counselor, consumer, family members, and others as needed).
SCRS-IL provides equal opportunities for all people regardless of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please see full job description at www.scrs-ilc.org
You are able to submit resume and references prior to on-site recruitment to: email@example.com
Please see full job description here PVSA Job Coach